the 2016 daytona 100: the legend continues...
important dates and times
- December 9, 2016 (Friday): Optional pre-race 2-3 mile "shake-out" run with Dave at 1:00 p.m., at the host hotel in Atlantic Beach (One Ocean Resort and Spa). This is your chance to ask any last-minute questions, preview a few miles of the course, and -- most-imporantly -- relieve a little of the pre-race anxiety/butterflies!
- December 9, 2016 (Friday): Mandatory pre-race meeting for DAYTONA 100 runners. Packet pick-up begins at 3:00 p.m. at the host hotel in Atlantic Beach, One Ocean Resort and Spa. The mandatory pre-race meeting will start promptly at 5:00 p.m. DAYTONA 50 runners are strongly encouraged to attend; they also, however, have the option of attending a "race day" pre-race meeting at the 50-mile start line on Saturday morning (see below).
- December 10, 2016 (Saturday): All runners must be present, check-in with race officials, and be ready to run, no later than 5:30 a.m., at the start line, right on the beach at One Ocean Resort and Spa.
- December 10, 2016 (Saturday): Start of the DAYTONA 100, 6:00 a.m.!!
- December 10, 2016 (Saturday): Bus to the start line for uncrewed DAYTONA 50 runners departs Winterhaven Park (4589 S Atlantic Ave, Ponce Inlet, FL 32127), at 9:00 a.m, sharp!
- December 10, 2016 (Saturday): Mandatory pre-race meeting for DAYTONA 50 runners, commencing at 11:00 a.m., for those who did not attend the Friday night meeting in Atlantic Beach. The meeting will take place at the 50-mile start line, at the River to Sea Preserve (9805 N. Oceanshore Blvd., Marineland, FL 32137). All runners who did attend the Friday meeting must check-in at the start line by 11:30 a.m.
- December 10, 2016 (Saturday): Start of the DAYTONA 50, 12:00 p.m.
- December 11, 2016 (Sunday): Post-race celebration / awards ceremony at finish line (Racing's North Turn), located at 4511 S. Atlantic Ave., Ponce Inlet, FL, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (awards ceremony will begin around 11:15 a.m.). The first-annual DAYTONA BEER MILE will be held at 11:00 a.m.
- December 11, 2016 (Sunday): Race closes at 30-hour cutoff, 12:00 p.m. (noon).
- December 11, 2016 (Sunday): Bus back to the DAYTONA 100 start line at One Ocean Resort & Spa departs to return uncrewed runners to the start line in Atlantic Beach, 1:15 p.m.